Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have never, under any circumstance, whistled while I worked.

I hate when I'm in between jobs.  Even though I currently have one, I just don't want it, so mentally, I'm out of a job.  Though I know I shouldn't complain (the economy, unemployment on the rise, blah, blah, blah), That doesn't mean I can't complain.  And as complaining is one of my top 4 favorite things to do (the other three being lying, drinking coffee, and singing), that is what I shall do!

So here are the pros and cons of my job
Pros (might as well start positive and end with a bang!):

1. I start early, so I still have the rest of the day to do with as I please (i.e. drink coffee, watch hulu, sleep the important things).
2. I do enjoy 95% of the people I work with.  My 2 bosses have become like big brothers to me, something I've always wanted and never had.
3. I get to be independent.  This is important as I generally enjoy doing things alone.
4. Two words: Rolly Chair, nuff said.
5. ...The top four were enough.

Cons:

1.  I start early, meaning I can't stay out late.  Ever.
2.  I do a manager's work on a meager pay.  This includes, but is not limited to, being screamed at by customers, being screamed at by employees, being screamed at by anybody else who really wants to complain.
3.  Having to take responsibility for other people's problems.  This is why I have always preferred to work alone.  If I made a mess, I'll clean it up.  But now I'm forced to clean everybody's messes.  Ah, c'est la vie!
4.  Did I mention starting early?!?!  Seriously, I start at 5:30 am.  meaning I need to be awake by 4:30 am, just to sort of stumble in to work.
5.  ...I'm surprised, I really only have four major complaints about work.

So, yes, I would love a new job.  Or at least to get paid a bit better.  Might make putting those pearly whites on display slightly easier before the sun comes up.

Miss Thress

No comments:

Post a Comment